Visa Requirements for Dubai
Several factors determine the kind of visa needed to enter the UAE such as your nationality, the purpose of your visit, as well as its duration. Citizens of 39 countries - GCC nationals plus nationals of listed countries - do not require visas prior to arrival.
Citizens of the following countries do not require pre-entry visas to enter the UAE: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America, The Vatican
NOTE: If your country is not listed above, please check with your nearest UAE Embassy/Consulate for any updates.
In addition, If you don't fall under one of the categories above, you will require a visa and a sponsor who will apply for the visa on your behalf. Some valid sponsors are listed below:
- Hotels and tourist companies can apply for a Tourist Visa on your behalf (valid for 30 days), a Service Visa (valid for 14 days) or a Visit Visa (valid for 30 days and can be extended for other 30 days)
- Airlines and airlines handlers can apply on behalf of their crew members for a 96-hour Transit Visa
- Other organizations based in the UAE may only apply for Visit Visas and Service Visas
- Relatives or friends already residing in the UAE may also apply on your behalf for a Visit Visa
Work Visa applicationIf you are going to the UAE for work purposes, you will require a visa that can only be obtained on your behalf by your employer or sponsor. Below are the conditions required:
- Passport must have minimum 6 months validity remaining at the time of application for an Entry Permit
- All photographs should be recent, and Polaroid photographs are not accepted.
- Those who are already in the UAE cannot get another entry permit until they depart from the UAE
- Entry Service Permit: Valid 14 days from the day it is issued and good for a 14-day stay.
- Tourist Visa : Valid for a 30-day stay, but you can extend it to 40 days. You’ll need sponsorship from a hotel or tour operator, and prearrangement is mandatory. You must also have an approved passport.
- Visit Visa: Valid 60 days from the day it is issued and good for a 90-day duration of stay. You’ll need sponsorship from a UAE resident, company or hotel. This visa cannot be extended and is only validated once.
- Transit Visa: Valid 14 days from the day it is issued and good for 96 hours. For this visa, you’ll need a confirmed hotel reservation.
Documents Required for a Visa
- Passport copies
- Copy of confirmed flight booking
- Bank approval letter
- Passport-sized photographs
- Visa fee